FUN FACTS ABOUT ME
- The accomplishments that I am proudest of are being a husband to my loving wife Jessica (we have been married for five years now, but dated for eight years before that) and father to our son Scott Cameron, Jr. (it is hard to believe but our little monkey is already a year and a half old). For more about my wife and I, click here http://jamiedelaineblog.com/post/7745/scottish-cultural-centre-wedding-jessicascott/ and here http://jamiedelaineblog.com/post/3716/ballpark-engagement-session-jessicascott/ and for more about our family of three (and hopefully still growing), click here http://jamiedelaineblog.com/post/24318/baby-session-at-home/ As my wife works for a local real estate developer, there is lots of real estate talk around our dinner table.
- I LOVE baseball! My first live game was at Exhibition Stadium in Toronto when I was three years old, and a have been a die-hard Blue Jays fan ever since. I was on provincial champion baseball teams when I was 13, 17, 18, and after a long drought, 32. I played for the North Delta Blue Jays with two future major leaguers, and our 1998 team is in the Delta Sports Hall of Fame. My dream job was always to be a professional baseball player, but I would settle for Blue Jays play-by-play announcer.
- In my high school year book, I was voted most likely to become Prime Minister.
- My heroes growing up were Terry Fox, Rick Hansen, Ozzie Smith, and Arnold Schwarzenegger. I saw Rick Hansen twice on his Man in Motion world tour…On his way out in Ontario and at the finish at BC Place Stadium.
- I am a certified locomotive engineer. (Translation: I can drive trains).
- I have been to over fifty heavy metal concerts. My three most listened to Sirius/XM satellite stations are Hair Nation, Ozzy’s Boneyard, and ESPN.
- My first car was a 1979 6.6 litre Pontiac Trans Am. It is currently in my garage being restored by my father-in-law and it looks just as awesome as the day I bought it. Now I like to drive my clients around in my Hyundai Santa Fe XL Ultimate.
- My favorite current TV shows are The Blacklist, Game of Thrones, and the Voice. My favorite classic TV shows are Seinfeld, The Wire, and the Sopranos.
- I love shoes! I am not a collector per se, but my favorite pair is my 25th anniversary Terry Fox Marathon of Hope Adidas Orions.
- I loooooove lifting weights. Cardio, not so much.
- The place I would most like to revisit is Australia. Jessica and I went there on our honeymoon and had the most incredible time. The place I would most like to visit where I have not yet been is Scotland. My wife has Scottish heritage and I really like golf. My best round of golf was a 75 at Swan-e-Set. After shooting that score, I have only shot in the 80s twice since…golf is a mean, mean game.
- I have always been embarrassed by and ridiculed about my love of birds. I just can’t help it. I have a genetic predisposition to enjoy bird watching and Reifel Bird Sanctuary in Ladner is my favorite place to do it.
- My first real job was being a baggage handler at Vancouver International Airport. The most surreal experience I have ever experience professionally was working at the airport during 9/11 and seeing an entire runway used as a parking lot for the extra airplanes that were diverted to Canada.
MY REAL ESTATE STORY
I graduated from Simon Fraser University in 2011 with a Bachelor’s of Business Administration, with concentrations in Entrepreneurship and Management of Innovation. While I went to school, I was working graveyard shifts as a railroad conductor and was not yet sure what my career path was going to be. I knew that I loved working with people and that the world of business intrigued me.
A couple of years ago, my parents were forced to sell their home due to health reasons. They had lived there for more than twenty years, and it was a very emotional time for them. Their Realtor® made all of the difference for them. He listened to their goals, possessed an in-depth knowledge of the current, local real estate market, and offered friendly and professional service.
This Realtor® really changed my parents' lives. He made the most stressful transaction of their lives seem almost easy. I saw how much of a difference he made in their lives, and I knew that I wanted to have that kind of impact on the lives of others. Thus, my journey towards real estate had begun. This is an industry that perfectly combines my entrepreneurial aspirations with my love of helping others.
I enrolled in the University of British Columbia’s Sauder School of Business Real Estate Professional progamme, and immersed myself in the world of real estate. From watching HGTV on Saturday mornings with my wife (she’s all about Team Baeumler and I’m on Team McGillivray…oh, that hair!), to talking to friends of mine in the real estate industry, to reading through the course material, to actively searching on MLS, I tried to learn as much as I could about every aspect of real estate. I chose Royal LePage Northstar Realty in South Surrey, as the brokerage I would like to join and went for an interview. After spending a few months taking their in-depth and thorough practical training course, I was officially a licensed Realtor®.